Ocean Podcast Producer
A healthy ocean helps sustain millions of jobs, and is a driver of climate and weather, transportation, recreation, clean energy, protein, and coastal indigenous cultures. Established in 2003, Blue Frontier’s mission is to build the solution-oriented citizen engagement needed to protect the ocean, the coasts, and the communities, both human and wild, that depend on them. We bring industry leaders and citizen scientists alike into decision making processes that contribute to thriving ecosystems.
In 2021 Blue Frontier launched the twice monthly Rising Tide Ocean Podcast, with now more than 20,000 listeners and air play on a number of radio stations. We are seeking a volunteer part time Podcast Producer to help expand our audience. Work with our hosts behind the scenes of our highly rated and reviewed podcast, and get it broadcast on many more radio stations and major podcast streaming services. This is a remote position.
- Manage the bi-monthly podcast distribution
- Research new distribution platforms
- Expand radio stations and networks
- Promote podcast via social media and other news outlets
- Seek and develop paid sponsorships and partnerships
- Work with guests when necessary
Desired skills and experience:
- Background in communications, media, and podcasts
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings
- Familiarity with podcast and radio formats
- Proficiency in video and audio editing preferred
- Passion for the ocean