Writers for the Sea is a professional organization for authors writing about the sea and committed to increased understanding and conservation of the greater part of our blue planet.
Formed by Blue Frontier on June 8, 2015 – World Oceans Day
The more than 70 authors who joined in its first weeks agree on the following principles:
- To support and promote authors and their books that are written about the greater part of our blue planet that is ocean.
- To provide an opportunity for authors who’ve written at least one book about our seas to interact and share their experiences, including experiences with the ocean, with their readership and with the publishing industry.
- To organize or participate in panels, events, and anthologies that help expand the readership and audience for books relating to the marine environment.
- To promote social, artistic, scientific, and environmental understanding of the ocean and the role it plays in human affairs.
- To promote understanding of the critical state of our living seas, in terms of a global ecosystem at risk and the ways in which using books and the additional content that writers generate can help educate the public.
- To celebrate past writers for the sea and to mentor and offer assistance to new and emerging Writers for the Sea, including youth and students.
Along with its membership Writers for the Sea has established a public Facebook Page for authors, readers and others at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1594188714203075/
For an article more fully describing Writers for the Sea check out HuffPost at: